Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Things I will not miss after May 13th

A real brief post tonight about things that I have experienced since going back to school that I will not miss. In no particular order:
  • people who talk all the way through class disrupting and annoying those of us that are there to actively participate in class (seriously, it took everything bit of will power I had to not turn around and tell him to shut up)
  • people who do participate in class but talk to hear themselves talk (okay, this one just isn't school)
  • the person who chooses to sit next to me every class that this is his first semester in the United States and thus, I need to explain American Business Law, all the while missing what the professor is talking about
  • people who show up to class in pajamas
  • people who show up to class in see through dresses (falls under the category of TMI, along with the next observation)
  • I don't want to know what your choice of undergarments happen to be. Enough said.
  • just because you choose to not come to class, don't e-mail me right before the exam asking for my notes
  • don't surf the internet during the middle of class. Truly, it is a waste of your time to be in class and you may be disrupting others.
  • most professors are so easy that it is almost criminal. With that in mind, if the professor gets up in front of class right before the exam and tells you everything that you could possibly need to know to pass the exam (including "you don't need to know that"), don't go up to him/her after the exam and argue the essay question when you didn't answer the question. As my professor says, "I ask the questions. Your job is to answer them - not change the question for your answer."
I am guessing that times have not changed that much and while I probably would have tolerated it 15 years ago, I choose not to now.

Two interesting things I learned this week. My son's female friend (side note - we were taking her home the other night and he made his sister move so he could sit next to her) has already had banana creme brulee (I am just going to have to try that one) and my son's teacher that is 30 (complete guess) has never had creme brulee before (she was going to eat it before class this morning - I told her that was not a good idea).

And with that, it has already been a long week, I am tired and going to bed.

T

No comments: