Sunday, October 18, 2009

200 days, 100 degrees and fried squirrel

I am going to start off my post with 200 days. We all know that Christmas is only a few short weeks away (about 9 or so) so I must be referencing graduation. Two years ago, I started back on my quest to finally get my degree. I should have done it a long time ago but, I didn't. So, in 200 days, I finally graduate. Of course, only if I pass my current classes. So much to do, so little time to do it in.

I am not sure how many of you readers out there are in touch with people from other parts of the country. I talk to people in all time zones every day of the week (and no, I am not a telemarketer). We all know that it is the middle of October and it is 100 degrees here in Arizona. The lovely wife and I actually started our Christmas shopping yesterday. For the record, we are now half way done. But while we were doing the mad dash last night, going from store to store, we noticed that at 7 pm it was still 99 degrees outside. Has anyone besides me noticed that while we have been pretty warm right now, the rest of the country has had a terrible time with it? I have had several customers tell me what a short summer they had - their weather was so bad this summer. So, while we had warm weather and they have bad weather - is it just me and my aging process that I am noticing it now? I will not go so far as to say that global warming etc. but I am just pondering.

The kids survived this past week. Kind of touch and go late this week. It seems everyone went somewhere except us so my kids were kind of bored. Ryan had two teeth pulled and Isabelle has two teeth that are ready to fall out - they just don't want to. Grandpa is just dying to help her out with the process.

Tried a new recipe this evening from Rachel Ray. Gorgonzola stuffed meat. I say meat since the recipe called for pork but since my wife doesn't care for pork roast, I used a thin cut sirloin steak. It was really good if I say so myself. Do a google search on Rachel Ray Gorgonzola Stuffed Pork.

I have a paper to revise this evening so I am going to go soon but I want to leave you with this one thought. It seems that my wife was a little trouble for the nuns growing up in school. I don't ask and just accept it. Some things are better off not knowing. Anyway, the nuns were old country/farm girls and so my father-in-law would go out and shoot squirrels and fry them up for the nuns. Pretty much bribery as I understand it. Well, school progress evaluations are this Tuesday. Isabelle and I are making white chocolate creme brulees Monday evening. I plan to take them with for the parent-teacher conferences. I am not sure that they need it as I am sure that they are angels but you never know when you will need that little extra - know what I mean?

As always, I hope this finds everyone in good health.

Tracy

No comments: