Monday, October 13, 2008

School and the cat

I am mentally drained. I just got finished with a 210 question (212 point), 12 chapter test (chapter 1 didn't count and we skipped a chapter at some point). I thought it was a little excessive the more I got into it. It is the kind of test that I don't think it matters how much you study for, it wouldn't have helped. I am just hoping that I did as well as the average of the class. Better than that would be okay, but not expected. Now it is on to the rest of my classes for the week.

I miss reading. Oh, I read all the time now. A couple hundred pages per week. It is all on technology, quality assurance and environmental technology. I want to pick up a book but I know that I won't enjoy it knowing that there is so much to study and read for school. Kellie is now reading all the time (well, just the one series) and Ryan has stayed up late the past several nights reading. I guess that I am a little envious. Oh, we all say, just about another 6 weeks and things will finish up for a few of those classes and then you can start reading. Well, I wish that was the case. I am going to start studying for a Microsoft Certification. Not entirely sure which one. Maybe I will figure that out this weekend.

Okay, here is "the rest of the story about the cat." So, Craig finally had to call the search off at 8 pm on Monday and hit the road. I am not envious in that decision. I know that it had to be heartbreaking leaving him, but he did it. On Thursday, after several people had been by looking for poor Magnum, I got a call from the landlord. His wife was over to see what all they needed to do to the place and she "found the cat." I say that only in the respect that she saw the cat in the window and thought to herself, "Why would Craig put a picture of his cat in the window?" A valid question, by the way, since the place was supposed to be empty. She then called her husband to let him know that she found him, he called me and about 20 minutes later, I was there "to pick him up." Sadly, he was gone again. AD (wife of landlord) was very apologetic and didn't know how to break it to me that the cat was no longer there. She almost left the cat "detritus" at the door to prove that the cat was there. Now I, knowing the landlord and wife for 10 plus years, knows that she was not crazy. That the cat was there and by golly, he had to be in the apartment somewhere. There was not much left in the apartment, by the way. A dresser, a chair, a wall unit, and some bookshelves. Not much else. We looked under everything, inside cabinets, drawers, you name it. Just as we were about to give up, I decided to lift up the washing machine and lo and behold, he was there. AD was kind enough to crawl back there to get him. Bless her since I don't think that I am agile enough to do it and I feared that actually moving the washing machine may have actually harmed him.

Thank you ET for getting on the plane with Magnum, flying to NC and then turning around and flying back. It sounds like from Craig that he finally came out from under the bed after about 48 hours to socialize with "his dad," whom I am sure that he missed.

I dug out my information on Saints but I am too drained to write about it tonight. Sometime before the end of the weekend, I will post about it, and why I am posting it.

Oh, one last thought. Remember when we were young? Well, occasionally I do. The reason that I ask is that there is a saying that goes something like "it isn't a good party until the police show up." Now, I never would have guessed that I, at 43, would go to a party with my children with the possibility that the police would show up. Long story short, my nephew, home from the Navy, was celebrating his wedding. They are a very nice couple. I can't believe he has grown up and she is very sweet. I wish them all the best in their future together (they are so young though). Anyway, about 9:30, the police showed up. Not for all the drinking that was just starting to ensue but for the loud music. We were in the process of leaving at this time but I believe that once they explained that it was for a returned veteran, they just said turn the music down and he went on his merry way. David, my niece's husband, has grown up very well. He is a lot different now than when we first met him, gosh about 7 years now. My, how we all have gotten so old.

No comments: