Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm not going to complain, but......

Okay, seriously. We had to turn the air conditioning back on this past week. The kids were complaining, of which the best comment was "is the air conditioning broken again?" No, not broken, Mom and Dad just don't want to pay another $261 electric bill. All of this while my friends back East (East of the Mississippi) are freezing and wet. So, I am not going to complain. I may grumble though.

4 more days until I can watch TV again. Not that I get much of a chance to do that anyway. In 4 days, all will be over with, we hope. It is amazing how passionate everyone can be about their candidate and how doom and gloom will ensue if you don't vote for your candidate.

Two comments. We all lived through 8 years of the Bush administration, barely, but we are all still here. That means we can survive at least another 4 of whomever gets into office next. And the other thing that I have realized is that Sarah Palin is one step above white trash. I say one step above since I actually like some things that she did as governor such as attacking corruption. So, yes, she is one step above white trash.

I finished my killer environmental test with an 81%. I have done the math and if he sticks with his formula for how he grades, I pretty much just need to show up for the final and I pass the class. Not fully, as I will have to study and I will study like I did last time, but it feels good.

I did find out that I believe I have only 9 classes left to take after this semester. I say 9 because the Dean's office has to approve all of it but I am thinking that it looks good. For those of you wanting to do something, I would say go back to school. The schools make it pretty easy and depending on what you want to do, a lot of it is done online at your convenience. So, I encourage you to do it.

And for those of you that don't know, Kellie's parents bought a house at the end of the street. It will be nice to have family on this side of town (I never could talk my family into moving out this way but there is still time - we love it out here and I am sure you would too). Kellie's parents just need to sell their house. Since it is all a package deal, Kellie's sister has now finally put her house on the market (she needed to clean and paint and stage prior to putting it on the market) and Missy now has her temporary Respiratory License for Arizona so now they all just need to get out here.

As for me, I don't have to fly at holidays anymore. Since I am not in any rush to fly in the first place, this excites me.

Now, can we all pray to St. Joseph to get the houses sold? More on that in the next post.

Tracy

No comments: