Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Green Tomato! Aka Fried Green Tomato!

green tomato before!
\Green tomato after! (YUMMY!)

As any of you who know me, that I am from Indiana and during the spring/summer we plant a garden with tomatoes. My dad always made us wait for one to turn red before we could pick the green ones and have fried green tomatoes! Basically they are sliced green tomato seasoned with flour and set to FRY in Crisco! Yes, Crisco!!! I know fattening and not good for the cholesterol, but oh, so good to eat! So my friends, I am so excited to find a green tomato at the grocery store today! I hurried myself over to the baking aisle and got some Crisco and now cannot wait for dinner tonight!!!


2 comments:

Jennifer S said...

You know, I totally live right down the street.

Those look so good! I haven't made them in years, but now I think I have to. Yum.

(and now I'm off to add you to my blogroll...) :-)

P.S. Were there more green tomatoes at the store, and which store?

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

That sounds kinda good, i might have to try that! and to think you have never brought me any! isn't this blogging fun, you know its kinda like keeping a journal!