Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Storied Tale


Well, it has been a while since I posted and I have a storied tale to tell. One of the things that I wanted for Christmas was a Scrabble game, a nice one. JD bought it for me and gave it to me long before Christmas got here (thereby making Kellie take the one she bought back to the store). It seems that he also played while in College (for those of you that don't know, my mother played Scrabble for years, mostly at work, in the middle of the night, after all other work was done). Anyway, him and I were playing a few weeks back and I drew the low letter, meaning that I got to go first. Well, my seven letters happened to spell out Storied, which was 7 points, 14 for double word, and another 50 for using all seven letters. Score! Or, in the words Lester Burnham from "American Beauty", "I rule!" Now, I will say that the end result is that I won, 269 to 264. I like the close games.
I will say that I am very happy that the last semester was over. I got all A's so I am happy. I have started my next session, officially, today. I thought I was going to get away lucky on the price of the book. One book that was $35. Woo Hoo, I thought. Well, it was too good to be true. I had to buy an additional "reader" (book of readings) which brought the total price to $75. It is kind of like police. You know that they don't have a quota on tickets but....... Well, it appears to me that $75 is about the average price for books for a class, where ever you happen to go to school. I am not going to complain though. It is a class that I am looking forward to taking, Religious Traditions in America, and the professor seems to be pretty good. Not to mention that the book is really good, one that I will want to go back and re-read in its entirety once I am done with school. I assume that the additional reader will be a similar tale, otherwise why would he include it in the class?

No comments: